to Williamsburg Community Pool!
Williamsburg’s Best Kept Secret
With the perfect combination of sun and shade, Williamsburg Community Pool (WCP) is the place to while away a quiet day or swim a few laps. The pool is large enough for kids to play Sharks and Minnows while parents float and talk nearby, and toddlers romp in the spacious wading pool. Come wind down, grill and eat poolside, catch up with friends, read in the afternoon sun, and cheer for the Manta Rays.
IMPORTANT: 2020 Schedule and Information
Beginning July 1:
Per Virginia’s “Safer at Home: Phase 3 Guidelines for All Business Sectors,” pgs. 20-21” the following policies and procedures will be the new guidelines for the safety of our members and staff:
• Free swim will be allowed in the main pool area not marked for lap swim and in the deep end. A maximum of 50 people (including staff) will be able to move freely between the free swim area, the deep end, and the baby pool. We will be using Sign-up Genius to help schedule pool use fairly.
• During Phase 3, it is not necessary to sign up specifically for the deep end. Both boards will be open with the 10 feet distance rule remaining in place.
• Pool hours are extended during phase 3, open from 11:00am -8:00pm each day.
The pool will close at 4 p.m. every Monday in July for Phase 3 swim meets to take place.
• All members and staff will be required to wear a face-covering over their nose and mouth when interacting face to face (sign in, questions, etc.).
• Two lanes will remain marked for lap swimming only, which will be limited to 3 people per lane with 10 feet of distance between swimmers.
• Non-family members in the pool and on the deck should maintain a distance of 10 feet.
• Swim lessons will not be offered this summer.
• No parties at this time. The basketball hoop is not available, and no group play is permitted (Marco Polo, Sharks & Minnows, Basketball, Volleyball, etc.).
• No vending machine.
• No water toys or floats. Kickboards or pool noodles may only be used for lap swimming. All personal possessions must go home with you. Items left at the pool will be discarded.
YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER FOR A TIME SLOT in order to come to the pool.
If you are not registered for the day you would like to attend, please CALL the pool in order to be added; guards are handling add-ons day-of by phone only. You may continue to sign up for three slots during the week and two on the weekend. Please be considerate of other members, and please remember to select the total number in your group when signing up. Unfortunately, no guests are allowed at this time.
The following are the safety procedures to which we will adhere:
• All members will enter through the pool breezeway and proceed to the bottom of the stairs to check in with a lifeguard before continuing into the pool area. Do not linger in the breezeway.
• All members will sign in with a lifeguard at the designated table. Each member will be screened upon arrival to determine if they are currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Anyone experiencing symptoms will not be permitted to remain at the pool.
• Seating will be limited to 50 chairs on the deck. Seating will be in family groups only, with at least 10 feet of distance between.
• Seating will be cleaned and disinfected between uses, and bathrooms will be cleaned hourly.
• Only one person/family group will be allowed in the bathroom at a time.
• No showers.
• Hand sanitizing stations will be provided.
• Members will exit through the gate in the fence, not through the breezeway.
Please be considerate of our guards and managers! Keep your distance, and remember to put on your mask when interacting with them. We are doing our best to provide a fun, memorable, successful, and safe summer for all our members. We will monitor our new guidelines and will modify them as needed. As always, we will keep you updated via newsletter, the pool website, and Facebook.
Thank you for your continued support, and for choosing to be a part of the Williamsburg Community Pool family!