to Williamsburg Community Pool!
Williamsburg’s Best Kept Secret
With the perfect combination of sun and shade, Williamsburg Community Pool (WCP) is the place to while away a quiet day or swim a few laps. The pool is large enough for kids to play Sharks and Minnows while parents float and talk nearby, and toddlers romp in the spacious wading pool. Come wind down, grill and eat poolside, catch up with friends, read in the afternoon sun, and cheer for the Manta Rays.
IMPORTANT: 2020 Schedule and Information
WE’RE STILL OPEN
Per Virginia’s “Safer at Home: Phase 3 Guidelines for All Business Sectors,” pgs. 20-21” announced in July, the following policies and procedures remain as guidelines for the safety of our members and staff.
The pool board and manager are working very hard to provide pool members with more opportunities to sign up and enjoy the pool. Please be mindful of the rules when registering and when visiting the pool. We ask all members please to help the lifeguards by following all of the guidelines for entering, exiting, and hanging out in the pool.
- You MUST SIGN UP AT LEAST THE DAY BEFORE you plan to visit the pool. The only way you will be allowed to enter the pool if you haven’t pre-registered for the day is to CALL the morning of to see if there are any openings. Guards are handling day-of add-ons by phone only. DO NOT register online the same day you are planning to show up. Doing so means that you risk being turned away at the door.
- You may sign up for 1 timeslot per day, Monday through Sunday. Everybody wants to enjoy the pool, so please be considerate.
- Do not sign up for back-to-back slots.
- Please remember to select the number of people in your group when you sign up.
- No guests allowed at this time.
Pool Hours Are Specific to The Day But We’re Still Open!
• Free swim will be allowed in the main pool area not marked for lap swim and in the deep end. A maximum of 50 people (including staff) will be able to move freely between the free swim area, the deep end, and the baby pool. We will be using Sign-up Genius to help schedule pool use fairly. Two lanes will remain marked for lap swimming only, limited to 3 people per lane with 10 feet of distance between swimmers.
The following are the safety procedures to which we will adhere:
• All members will enter through the pool breezeway and proceed to the bottom of the stairs to check in with a lifeguard before continuing into the pool area. Do not linger in the breezeway.
• All members and staff will be required to wear a face-covering over their nose and mouth when interacting face-to-face (sign in, questions, etc.).
• All members will sign in with a lifeguard at the designated table. Each member will be screened upon arrival to determine if they are currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Anyone experiencing symptoms will not be permitted to remain at the pool.
• Seating will be limited to 50 chairs on the deck. Seating will be in family groups only, with at least 10 feet of distance between.
• Seating will be cleaned and disinfected between uses, and bathrooms will be cleaned hourly.
• Only one person/family group will be allowed in the bathroom at a time. Please wear your masks.
• No showers.
• Hand sanitizing stations will be provided.
• Members will exit through the gate in the fence, not through the breezeway.
Please be considerate of our guards and managers! Keep your distance, and remember to put on your mask when interacting with them. We are doing our best to provide a fun, memorable, successful, and safe summer for all our members. We will monitor our new guidelines and will modify them as needed. As always, we will keep you updated via newsletter, the pool website, and Facebook.
Thank you for your continued support, and for choosing to be a part of the Williamsburg Community Pool family!