Williamsburg Community Pool
PO Box 686
Williamsburg, VA 23187.
Location: Williamsburg Community Pool
NATURE OF WORK:
Ensures the safety and well-being of pool patrons and assists with event programs and pool operations at the Williamsburg Community Pool located at 1228 Richmond Road, Williamsburg VA 23185.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Safeguards and regulates the conduct of pool patrons; enforces pool policies, rules, and regulations.
- Responds to patrons’ needs to provide rescues and performs appropriate follow-up procedures, including the proper use of equipment in the performance of first aid, and the completion of accident reporting procedures.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Handles customer conflict and complaints as necessary.
- Retains full knowledge of memberships available and helps assist in member registrations.
- Tests water quality in the pool and maintains appropriate records.
- Assists in the proper maintenance and sanitary operation of the pool, pool area, and bathroom facilities.
- Participates in the preparation of daily records.
- Provides written reports on all accidents.
- Participates in service training when scheduled.
- Operates equipment safely and reports any unsafe work conditions or practices to the manager.
- Performs related work as required.
ADDITIONAL EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- May provide guidance to less experienced Lifeguards during shift.
- May maintain proper chemical balances in both pools as directed. Make adjustments as directed.
- May handle mechanical/pump room or chemical problems as necessary.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of water rescue methods and the ability and skill to carry out water rescues.
- Knowledge of lifeguarding and first-aid practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of swimming pool operation, including sanitation, maintenance, and safety.
- Ability to deal courteously but firmly with pool patrons.
- Must possess a valid American Red Cross Lifeguarding Certificate.
- Must be certified in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid.